Some things to remember about your new puppy. They are not fully immunized until they have had 4 rounds of puppy shots, usually by the age of 4 months. Be careful where you take your new puppy when you are out and about.
- Use a carrier when you take your puppy to the vet. and keep him in it until he sees the Dr.
- Do not let strangers handle your puppy.
- Education residence conveying.
- Do not take your puppy to pet shops or public parks until after he has had the 4 puppy shots.
Puppy Proof Your Home
Some household dangers include:
- Cleaners, especially pine oil
- Perfumes, colognes, deodorants
- Medications, vitamins
- Electric cords
- Some house and garden plants including ivy, Oleander and Poinsettia
- Slug bait
- Mouse and rat poison
Be Prepared - Things you will need when you take your puppy home. Ask about our take home puppy package.
- Food bowl
- Water bowl
- Harness or collar
- Id tag
- Crate, carrier or exercise pen
- Grooming tools